Stephanie Dowd, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in Newburyport, Massachusetts. She was formerly a clinical psychologist at the Child Mind Institute.
Dr. Dowd earned her doctorate in clinical and school psychology at Yeshiva University and her masters degree in counseling psychology at the University of San Francisco.
More from Stephanie Dowd, PsyD
- My granddaughter, 16, is terrible to her mother, but is great with us. What can we do?
- What to Do if You Think Your Teenager Is Depressed
- My daughter has been treated for depression, but it doesn’t seem to be working. What can we do?
- My anxious son is 16, home-schooled, and prefers ‘cyber friends’ to real ones. We want him back in school, but can he cope?
- My 12-year-old daughter acts much older than she is. How do I rein her in?