Stephanie Samar, PsyD
Clinical Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Gabrielle Gottschall, Staff AssociateGabby.Gottschall@childmind.org
Stephanie Samar, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in providing empirically supported assessment and interventions for pre-adolescents and adolescents with high-risk, externalizing behaviors and mood disorders. She has particular interest and experience in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and providing DBT-informed treatment to pre-adolescents with significant mood dysregulation.
Dr. Samar has experience in both outpatient and school settings. She has received extensive training in a variety of evidence-based treatments including DBT, parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT), mindfulness, parent management training (PMT), and motivational interviewing (MI). Her research interests include how non-cognitive factors, including grit, impact academic and lifelong success. She has co-authored scholarly articles for several peer-reviewed journals, including the Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology.
Dr. Samar is dedicated to providing strength-based support that serves to empower clients and their families.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Institute for Girls’ Development, Pasadena, CA
- Intern, Pleasantville Union Free School District, Pleasantville, NY
- Extern, Learning and Development Center, Child Mind Institute
- Extern, New Hyde Park-Garden City Park Union Free School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- PsyD, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MA, Psychology, New York University
- BA, Psychology, Loyola University Maryland