Stephanie Schwartz, PsyD
Clinical Psychologist, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Mia Shoshany, Staff AssociateMia.Shoshany@childmind.org
Stephanie Schwartz, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She has specialized training in delivering evidence-based treatments to children, adolescents and adults with anxiety disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), selective mutism, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and specific phobias. Dr. Schwartz has extensive experience providing cognitive behavioral treatments, including exposure with response prevention (ERP), to youth struggling with those disorders, as well as behavioral problems and mood disorders.
Dr. Schwartz has provided individual and group therapy to children, adolescents and adults in outpatient and school settings. She is committed to providing treatment that is comprehensive, individualized and evidence-based. Dr. Schwartz is experienced in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team, including schools and other professionals, to best support each child’s needs.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Evidence Based Psychology – NYC , New York, NY
- Intern, Albert Ellis Institute, New York, NY
- Intern, Avenues: The World School, New York, NY
- Extern, Anxiety and Mood Disorders Center, Child Mind Institute
- Extern, Valley Stream Public School System, Valley Stream, NY
- PsyD, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- BA, Psychology, University of Michigan