Daryaneh Badaly, PhD
Clinical Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Allegra Gold, Staff Associateallegra.email@example.com
Daryaneh Badaly, PhD, is a clinical neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Badaly has expertise providing neuropsychological evaluations to individuals across a broad age range, from preschool-age children to young adults. She has worked with individuals who have a wide variety of developmental, learning and psychiatric concerns. She has served in specialty clinics for children with autism spectrum disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Dr. Badaly strives to conduct comprehensive evaluations to best understand each child’s strengths and weaknesses, and relies on up-to-date research findings to identify appropriate interventions to optimize academic, social and emotional functioning.
Dr. Badaly has expertise providing neuropsychological evaluations to children with complex medical issues including concussions and other brain injuries, cerebral palsy, congenital heart defects, and genetic disorders. Dr. Badaly additionally has a background in individual, group and family therapy for children and adolescents, with an emphasis on cognitive-behavioral and family treatment models.
Dr. Badaly’s early research centered on the social development of adolescents and examined peer relationship issues including popularity, friendships, cyberbullying and traditional harassment. She has also examined cognitive and social development issues among children who have experienced complex medical problems, particularly those with congenital heart defects. Dr. Badaly has published several papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented at national conferences, and she has served as a reviewer for journals, conference presentations and competitive awards.
In addition to clinical services and research, Dr. Badaly is involved in the supervision and training of pre-doctoral trainees in clinical psychology and post-doctoral fellows in neuropsychology. She has also worked on collaborative education efforts for medical students, residents and fellows. Dedicated to training future clinicians, Dr. Badaly is involved in the Student Affairs Committee Mentor Program for the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology.
Dr. Badaly is fluent in French.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Pediatric Neuropsychology), UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Pediatric Neuropsychology), UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Pediatric Neuropsychology, University of Michigan Health System
- Predoctoral Internship, Clinical Psychology, Greater Hartford Clinical Psychology Internship Consortium (with rotations in neuropsychology through the University of Connecticut Health Center and Veteran Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System)
- Predoctoral Externship, Neuropsychology, The Help Group – University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Neuropsychology Program
- Predoctoral Externship, Neuropsychology, Department of Neurology, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Child-Family Emphasis, University of Southern California
- MA, Clinical Psychology, University of Southern California
- BA, Psychology, Georgetown University