Daryaneh Badaly, PhD, is a neuropsychologist and the training coordinator in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute.
Dr. Badaly has expertise providing neuropsychological evaluations to individuals across a broad age range, from preschool-age children to young adults. She has worked with individuals who have a wide variety of developmental, learning, and psychiatric concerns. She has served in specialty clinics for children with autism spectrum disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Dr. Badaly strives to conduct comprehensive evaluations to best understand each child’s strengths and weaknesses; she relies on up-to-date research findings to identify appropriate interventions to optimize academic, social, and emotional functioning; and, she endeavors to work collaboratively with educators and service providers to ensure that children have access to needed support.
Fluent in French, Dr. Badaly is experienced in conducting evaluations with monolingual French speakers learning English to fully bilingual French-English speakers. Raised in a multilingual and multicultural environment, she carefully considers the impact of different languages and cultures on children’s profiles. An alumnus of the French-American School of New York and the Lycée Français de New York, she also has a deep understanding of the needs of bilingual learners. In addition, Dr. Badaly is experienced in providing evaluations to children with complex medical issues including concussions and other brain injuries, cerebral palsy, congenital heart defects, and genetic disorders.
Dr. Badaly also provides executive functioning skills coaching to preadolescents and adolescents. Trained in cognitive-behavioral and family therapy models, she integrates relevant strategies into treatment to help mitigate the impact of emotional distress, family discord, and other factors on children’s day-to-day use of executive functions.
In addition to her clinical services, Dr. Badaly is involved with collaborative research efforts. Her work has focused on cognitive and social development among children and adolescents who are either typically developing or have complex medical problems. She has published several papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented at national conferences. Dr. Badaly is also dedicated to the training of future and junior clinicians. She currently coordinates the training efforts in neuropsychology at the Child Mind Institute. She has been involved in the supervision and training of pre-doctoral students in clinical psychology and post-doctoral fellows in neuropsychology, as well as collaborative education efforts for medical students, residents and fellows. She mentors students through programs with the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology and the Society of Clinical Neuropsychology, and she has served on a task force developing training for early career professionals through the National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN). Lastly, Dr. Badaly is committed to service to the field of neuropsychology. She serves as co-chair for NAN’s Legislative Action & Advocacy committee and as the NAN liaison to the Cultural Neuropsychology Council.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Pediatric Neuropsychology), UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Pediatric Neuropsychology), UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Pediatric Neuropsychology, University of Michigan Health System
- Predoctoral Internship, Clinical Psychology, Greater Hartford Clinical Psychology Internship Consortium (with rotations in neuropsychology through the University of Connecticut Health Center and Veteran Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System)
- Predoctoral Externship, Neuropsychology, The Help Group – University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Neuropsychology Program
- Predoctoral Externship, Neuropsychology, Department of Neurology, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Child-Family Emphasis, University of Southern California
- MA, Clinical Psychology, University of Southern California
- BA, Psychology, Georgetown University
- Innovation Award, Staff Awards, Child Mind Institute 2020
- Early Career Psychologist Scholarship, American Board of Professional Psychology Foundation, 2020