Jessica Hamel, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Hamel specializes in assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and families to address anxiety, trauma and mood-related disorders. She utilizes evidence-based interventions including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) and Family Systems Therapy. She is also trained in conducting comprehensive diagnostic and psychoeducational assessments for youth. She has worked with children and adolescents in school-based programs as well as community mental health, outpatient and inpatient settings.
Dr. Hamel values collaboration with youth, their families, school staff, medical professionals and other providers to meet individual needs and goals. She is passionate about prevention and early intervention, and committed to increasing access to evidence-based care.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry/TIES for Families, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Predoctoral Intern, Child & Family Services, Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
- Extern, Adolescent Inpatient Service, Bellevue Hospital
- Extern, Child & Adolescent Outpatient, Zucker Hillside Hospital, Northwell Health
- Extern, The Haven, Piscataway High School
- Evaluator, Personalized Depression Prevention, Rutgers University
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- PsyM, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University BA, Psychology, University of California Berkeley