Jessica Janze, PhD, is a psychologist in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Her professional expertise centers on conducting comprehensive assessments and providing therapeutic interventions for individuals dealing with psychological disorders, particularly children, adolescents, and their families.
Dr. Janze has extensive experience in addressing anxiety, mood, and trauma-related disorders. Her career has spanned various care settings, including schools, inpatient and outpatient hospitals, and community mental health centers. She is well-versed in crisis management, conducting risk assessments, and offering essential support to families during challenging periods.
Certified in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and trauma-informed cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), Dr. Janze also teaches these interventions. Additionally, her background in yoga and mindfulness instruction allows her to incorporate mindfulness-based practices into her therapeutic approach.
Dr. Janze develops personalized treatment plans tailored to the specific needs and strengths of each client and their family, and she firmly believes that seeking therapy should never be viewed as a failure.
- Psychology Resident, Multidisciplinary Acute Inpatient Team, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, RI
- Doctoral Intern, Day Treatment and Inpatient Youth Programs, Huntsman Mental Health Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
- Clinician, Manville School at the Baker Center, Harvard Medical School Affiliate, Boston, MA
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, T.W. Ponessa & Associates, Harrisburg, PA
- Adjunct Instructor, University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA
- Clinical Fellow, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University
- Research Fellow, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University
- Doctoral Intern, Huntsman Mental Health Institute, University of Utah
- PhD, Counseling and School Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston
- MEd, School Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston
- MA, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania