Kenya Hameed, PsyD, is a clinical neuropsychologist for the School and Community Programs team at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Hameed has an extensive background providing neuropsychological assessments, with a specialized interest in children referred for concerns including ADHD, learning and language disorders, autism spectrum disorder, depression, anxiety, genetic disorders, brain injuries (including concussion and more severe injuries), seizures, prematurity and birth complications.
The passion that Dr. Hameed brings to her work as a neuropsychologist is fueled by seeing the difference she makes in the quality of life for children and their families. Helping children reach their highest potential in conjunction with family and community supports is her priority. Dr. Hameed collaborates with teachers, social workers, therapists and other professionals to identify the needs of each child and then effectively communicates those needs to each stakeholder in the child’s success. In addition to her thorough assessments and well-written reports, Dr. Hameed is known for her ability to communicate clearly in complex situations and provide families with the knowledge and support they need. Dr. Hameed’s training and experience have taken her around the country, and she has helped children and their families from all walks of life. She specializes in honing in on each child’s individual strengths and weaknesses within the context of their environment and working to ensure families receive tailored recommendations to address their child’s needs.
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist, Genesee Health System, Michigan
- Adjunct Faculty, Hurley Medical Center, Michigan
- Psychology Associate, Words of Life Development Center, Washington DC
- Teaching Assistant, American School of Professional Psychology, Virginia
- Clinical Mentor and Tutor, Capital Region’s Children’s Center, Virginia
- Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Psychology Fellow, Hurley Medical Center, Michigan
- Neuropsychology Intern, Meier Clinics, Illinois
- Psychology Extern, Neuropsychology Associates of Fairfax, Virginia
- Psychology Extern, Integrated Clinical Concepts, Virginia
- Psychology Extern, Multicultural Clinical Center, Virginia
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University-Northern Virginia
- MA, Clinical Psychology, The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University-Northern Virginia
- BA, Psychology, The College of New Jersey