Lauren Allerhand, PsyD
Clinical Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute, San Francisco Bay Area
Morgan Gustas, Staff AssociateMorgan.Gustas@childmind.org
Lauren Allerhand, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Allerhand specializes in evidence-based assessment and treatment of youth struggling with depression, anxiety, trauma, eating disorders, ADHD and oppositional defiant disorder. She has extensive training in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). Dr. Allerhand is particularly passionate about providing DBT to improve the lives of high-risk, diagnostically complex youth who struggle with emotion dysregulation, suicidality and self-injury.
Dr. Allerhand’s clinical practice also emphasizes supporting parents of children and teens with emotion dysregulation, oppositional behavior or ADHD through evidence-based intervention. She has specialized trained in a DBT parenting intervention and Parent Management Training for parents of older children and teenagers. Dr. Allerhand is also certified in Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), an evidence-based intervention for families with preschool-aged children.
Dr. Allerhand is committed to empowering young people and their families to move towards their lives worth living through mindfulness, acceptance of reality and evidence-based behavioral change.
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Child Clinical Psychology, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Pre-doctoral Psychology Intern in Clinical Psychology, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, University of California San Francisco
- Practicum Student, Kaiser Oakland Medical Center
- Practicum Student, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Practicum Student, VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium, Palo Alto University
- MS, Clinical Psychology, PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium, Palo Alto University
- BA, Psychology, University of California Berkeley