Mark Reinecke, PhD, ABPP
Mark Reinecke, PhD, ABPP, is clinical director and senior clinical psychologist at the Child Mind Institute. His research and clinical interests center on understanding and treating depression, suicide and anxiety among children and adolescents. He has extensive experience evaluating and treating children, adolescents and young adults with depression, anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder and panic disorders.
Before joining the Child Mind Institute, Dr. Reinecke served for 18 years as Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Chief of the Division of Psychology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine. Prior to this role, he served for 14 years as the Director of the Center for Cognitive Therapy in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience at the University of Chicago.
Dr. Reinecke was a principal investigator on the Treatment of Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS). He has lectured internationally and has served as a visiting professor at institutions in Europe and Asia.
Dr. Reinecke is widely published, and has authored or edited several books, including Cognitive Therapy Across the Lifespan, Comparative Treatments of Depression, Cognitive Therapy With Children and Adolescents, Personality Disorders in Children and Adolescents, and Cognitive-behavioral Therapy With Adults. His first book for a general audience, Little Ways to Keep Calm and Carry On was published by New Harbinger. A new book, Landmark Papers in Psychiatry, is forthcoming from Oxford University Press.
- Chief, Division of Psychology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Director of Training, Clinical Psychology Internship and Post-doctoral Fellowship Program, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University
- Senior Psychologist, Asher Center for the Study and Treatment of Depression, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Director, Center for Cognitive Therapy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago
- Co-Director, Program in Mental Health Research, University of Chicago
- Director of Training and Education, Clinical Child Psychology Internship Program, Section of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Chicago
- Distinguished Fellow and Former President, Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Fellow, American Psychological Association
- Fellow, Association for Psychological Science
- Fellow, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Clinical Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania
- Intern, Clinical Psychology, Department of Neuropsychology, Henry Ford Hospital
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Purdue University
- MS, Clinical Psychology, Purdue University
- MS, Biology, Stanford University
- AB, Psychology, Stanford University
- American Board of Professional Psychology in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Academy of Cognitive Therapy