Stephanie G. Ruggiero, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Prior to her graduate training, Dr. Ruggiero worked as a teacher assistant implementing in-school Applied Behavior Analysis to modify problem behaviors and address skill deficits affecting areas such as communication, toileting and self-care. Dr. Ruggiero received her doctoral degree in clinical psychology from La Salle University with an emphasis in child and family psychology. She completed her clinical internship with Virginia Beach City Public Schools, which is the largest school division in southeastern Virginia. Dr. Ruggiero completed her postdoctoral fellowship with Johns Hopkins School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute within the Pediatric Developmental Disabilities Clinic.
Dr. Ruggiero has extensive experience working with toddlers, children and adolescents across research, school and community settings. She specializes in working with individuals with autism spectrum disorder and neurodevelopmental disabilities, as well as children with emotional difficulties and disruptive behavior disorders. She also has experience working with caregivers who are struggling to manage problem behaviors. Dr. Ruggiero has expertise in conducting diagnostic and psychoeducational evaluations and providing individual and group psychotherapy services. Dr. Ruggiero provides services that emphasize evidence-based practices, collaborative efforts, and individualized treatment and life goals. These include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), problem-solving therapy, mindfulness-based techniques, social skills interventions, parent management training (PMT) and function-based interventions.
- Teacher Assistant/Direct Support Professional, The Genesis School, Eden II Programs
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Pediatric Developmental Disabilities Clinic, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Intern, Virginia Beach City Public Schools
- Extern, Children’s Behavioral Health Services Residential Program, Devereux Pennsylvania
- Extern, Center for Autism Research – The Lurie Family Foundations MEG Imagining Center, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Extern, Westtown School
- Extern, Resources for Human Development
- PsyD, La Salle University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- MA, General Psychology, Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology, Adelphi University
- BA, Psychology, St. John’s University