Child Mind Institute Launches New Website With Updated Tools and Expanded Spanish Resources
New childmind.org makes free information accessible to more parents and educators supporting the 17 million children with mental health and learning disorders
NEW YORK, NY – MARCH 22, 2016 – The Child Mind Institute today announced the re-launch of its award-winning website, childmind.org, the leading resource for parents, teachers and others seeking information on children’s mental health and learning disorders. The new, mobile-friendly site, developed in collaboration with Blue State Digital, features an updated Symptom Checker, new Spanish-language resources, new video-driven stories, and unique portals for families and educators so they can easily access information relevant to their needs.
New features include:
- Mobile-friendly Symptom Checker, available in Spanish, with enhanced results to better guide parents who are worried about their kids’ behavior, learning and emotions.
- Topics A-Z section that makes it easier for parents and educators to find answers to their specific questions and concerns.
- Recursos en Español, a new, dedicated Spanish-language section featuring articles and guides translated into Spanish, along with the Spanish symptom checker, Chequeo de Síntomas.
- A dedicated section of resources, For Educators, to help teachers identify children struggling with mental health and learning problems in the classroom and work successfully to help all of their students reach their full potential.
- Our Stories, a new series featuring patients, families, staff members and other advocates sharing their personal struggles with mental health and learning disorders, and the treatment that changed their lives.
- New, easy-to-follow comprehensive guides with practical advice for a range of needs, including getting the best mental healthcare to helping your child cope with a traumatic experience.
“The new childmind.org will allow us to make the most reliable information available to many more families who are struggling to get help for their children,” said Child Mind Institute President Harold S. Koplewicz, MD. “Together with our partner Blue State Digital, we have created a website that is easier to use and delivers more of the accurate, trusted information parents and educators have come to expect from the Child Mind Institute.”
About the Child Mind Institute
The Child Mind Institute is an independent nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we’re helping children reach their full potential in school and in life.
We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry. Learn more at childmind.org.
About Blue State Digital
Blue State Digital is the creative and tech agency for purpose-driven brands and organizations that want to scale their impact and transform how they engage people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform their organizations for the digital age. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital has 230 employees in six offices around the world. bluestatedigital.com