Managing difficult behavior is the No. 1 concern we hear about from parents. Setting limits for kids in a calm and consistent way and responding to problem behavior when it occurs are among the toughest parts of parenting. In this section we try to take the guesswork out of effective discipline with experts’ advice on issues like the best way to give effective instructions, why your time-outs might not be working, tantrum management strategies, and how to stop yelling and start being heard.
More on Discipline
- More Topics
- How to Discipline Toddlers
- How to Make Time Outs Work
- Three Common Parenting Traps
- How to Handle Tantrums and Meltdowns
- Why Do Kids Have Tantrums and Meltdowns?
- When Should I Worry About Tantrums?
- Problem Behavior in Preschoolers
- Calm Voices, Calmer Kids
- How to Give Kids Effective Instructions
- Managing Problem Behavior at Home
- How to Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- Conflicts Over Parenting Styles