Learning Disorder Basics
- Quick Guide to Specific Learning Disorder
- What Is Neurodiversity?
- Early Signs of Learning Challenges
- Tips for Recognizing Learning Disorders in the Classroom
- How to Help Kids Talk About Learning Disabilities
- Social Challenges of Kids With Learning Problems
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of Kids With Learning Disabilities
- How to Support Young Kids Who Are Struggling in School
Evaluation and Support
The first step to getting the right diagnosis is a thorough evaluation.
- Inside an Evaluation for Learning Disorders
- Help for Kids Struggling With Learning
- What Is Assistive Technology?
- How to Get Assistive Technology for Your Child in School
- Building Your Education Team
- How to Make the Most of Your IEP meeting
- Understanding Special Education Laws
- Learning Disability Diagnosis and English Language Learners
Professionals who help diagnose or support kids with learning challenges.
Kids with dyslexia have trouble reading, writing and spelling.
Children with dyscalculia struggle with math.
Children with dysgraphia struggle with writing.
Non-Verbal Learning Disorder
Kids with non-verbal learning disorder have difficulty picking up patterns and concepts.
Dyspraxia or Developmental Coordination Disorder
Children with dyspraxia appear clumsy and uncoordinated compared to other kids their age.
Auditory Processing Disorder
Kids with auditory processing disorder have trouble taking in information that they hear.
Speech Sound Disorder
Kids with speech sound disorder have no problem understanding language, but they have trouble making the sounds they need to speak.
Kids with language disorder struggle to both learn and speak language.
Intellectual Development Disorder
Children with intellectual development disorder have trouble with skills like reasoning and learning.