Learning Disorder Basics
- Quick Guide to Specific Learning Disorder
- Do Kids Grow Out of Learning Disorders?
- What Is Neurodiversity?
- Early Signs of Learning Challenges
- Tips for Recognizing Learning Disorders in the Classroom
- How to Help Kids Talk About Learning Disabilities
- Social Challenges of Kids With Learning Problems
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of Kids With Learning Disabilities
Evaluation and Support
The first step to getting the right diagnosis is a thorough evaluation.
- Inside an Evaluation for Learning Disorders
- Help for Kids Struggling With Learning
- What Is Assistive Technology?
- How to Get Assistive Technology for Your Child in School
- Building Your Education Team
- How to Make the Most of Your IEP meeting
- Understanding Special Education Laws
- Learning Disability Diagnosis and English Language Learners
Professionals who help diagnose or support kids with learning challenges.
Non-Verbal Learning Disorder
Kids with non-verbal learning disorder have difficulty picking up patterns and concepts.
Auditory Processing Disorder
Kids with auditory processing disorder have trouble taking in information that they hear.
Speech Sound Disorder
Kids with speech sound disorder have no problem understanding language, but they have trouble making the sounds they need to speak.
Kids with language disorder struggle to both learn and speak language.
Intellectual Development Disorder
Children with intellectual development disorder have trouble with skills like reasoning and learning.