Learning and Development Center
When children enter the classroom, they bring their unique gifts as well as challenges. Even if their gifts are exceptional, difficulties in school can leave kids feeling frustrated, anxious and inadequate.
The Child Mind Institute’s Learning and Development Center is dedicated to giving children the tools and support they need to manage their learning difficulties and succeed in school.
Conditions we treat include:
- Dyslexia and related reading problems
- Dysgraphia and related writing problems
- Mathematics disorder
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Visual-spatial weaknesses and related nonverbal learning problems
- Speech and language difficulties
Our expert team of clinicians provides a range of services, from evaluations and testing, personalized education plans, school placement consultation, and skills interventions and remediation. We also provide specialized evaluations and treatment for children with autism spectrum disorder as well as speech and language challenges.
Services we provide:
- Neuropsychological and Educational Evaluation
- Early Childhood Evaluation
- College Success Program
- Learning Disability Service
- Educational Consultation
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Service
- Speech and Language Service
- Intensive Learning Treatment
When medication may be helpful, our team works with board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists at the Child Mind Institute or partners with your own physician. Our psychiatrists offer expert consultation on whether medication can improve treatment outcome, and provide ongoing medication management when needed.