Alcohol and drug use is serious business, but as a parent it can be difficult to know when to have “the talk” or how to step in if you’re afraid your child may have a problem. Below you’ll find articles to help manage this difficult issue, from the most effective way to talk to your child about safety and sobriety to common mental health issues that can lead young people to self-medicate to strategies for getting reluctant teens into treatment.
More on Drugs and Alcohol
- More Topics
- Marijuana and Psychosis
- How to Talk to Your Teen About Substance Use
- Teaching Your Teen About Binge Drinking
- How to Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- Getting Teen Substance Abusers Into Treatment
- New Directions in Treatment for Substance Abuse
- When Teenagers Self-Medicate
- What Parents Should Know About Teens, Drinking and Drugs
- Does Teenage Marijuana Use Affect IQ?
- Is My Teenager a Substance Abuser?
- Quick Facts on Substance Use Disorder
- One More Thing Brad Pitt and George Clooney Have in Common