Managing the use of media in your family is one of the big challenges of 21st-century parenting. In this section we explore the concerns parents ask about most frequently, from how much screen time for kids is healthy to how social media can damage a teenager’s self esteem. We answer practical questions like “When should you get your child a phone?” and discuss larger issues like how to avoid letting technology and media weaken bonds in your family.
More on Media and Tech
- More Topics
- Does Social Media Cause Depression?
- Is Internet Addiction Real?
- How Your Teen’s Phone Is Ruining Her Concentration
- The Benefits of Watching TV With Young Children
- Why Watch TV With Your Tween or Teen
- Can Screen Time Be Educational for Toddlers?
- Managing Social Media Stress With Mindfulness
- Social Media and Self-Doubt
- Do Video Games Cause ADHD?
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Sexting
- Social Media, Violent Imagery, and Kids
- How Tech Changes Families
- Why Is Screen Time Bad for Young Children?
- ‘Am I Ugly?’ Videos: The Cyberworld as Mirror
- Suicide Hotline Goes Digital on Facebook