Resources and tips to help children cope with trauma and grief.
'One of the most challenging things about OCD is that it loves uncertainty and fear.'
How Matt’s Loss Made Him Stronger
“Something went off in my head. I ran out. I wasn’t breathing. I didn’t know why it was happening.”
How Jackie Got Her Life Back
More on Trauma and Grief
- More Topics
- Will My Child Bounce Back From the Coronavirus Crisis?
- Racism and Violence: How to Help Kids Handle the News
- Support for Kids With ADHD During the Pandemic
- Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults During the Coronavirus Crisis
- How to Change Negative Thinking Patterns
- What Is PTSD?
- Treatment for PTSD
- How to Handle Holidays After a Death in the Family
- Supporting Children After the Suicide of a Classmate
- How Trauma Affects Kids in School
- Helping Children Cope With Frightening News
- A Look at Acute Stress Disorder and PTSD
- Chronic Stress Impacts Adolescents Socially
- Coping With A Parent’s Suicide
- Talking to Kids About the Suicide of Someone Close to Them
- What’s the Best Treatment for PTSD in Children?
- Signs of Sexual Abuse in Children and Adolescents
- Caring for Kids After a School Shooting
- Helping Children Deal With Grief
- The Teacher’s Role When Tragedy Strikes
- Going Back to School After a Tragedy
- Talking to Kids About Sexual Abuse
- How to Foster Resilience in Kids
- What Makes an Event Traumatic for a Child?
- Signs of Trauma in Children
- Quick Facts on Adjustment Disorder
- Quick Facts on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Quick Facts on Acute Stress Disorder
Ask an ExpertAll Ask an Expert
- My son may have been abused, and is now oppositional. Could it be ODD?
- Should children attend funerals?
- I have custody of two children, recently in foster care, who engage in sexual behavior. What can I do?
- My 8-year-old son has been dealing with the death of his best friend, and now his uncle has died. How can we tell him?
- How can I talk to young children about a grandparent’s cancer?