Your First Visit
We want your appointment day to be as comfortable and hassle-free as possible. Here is some information to assist you in making your way to our building and checking in with our staff.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your first appointment and check in at the front desk when you arrive
New York City
101 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
San Francisco Bay Area
2000 Alameda de las Pulgas, Suite 242
San Mateo, California 94403
For more information about how to get here, see directions and parking
- Patient Navigators are present at the front desk to check you in and answer any questions you may have
- Your Staff Associate will meet you to take you to your first appointment
- Prior to your appointment, someone from our team will speak to you about our research initiatives. In collaboration with our clinical program, our research program is actively exploring healthy brain development, with the goal of better understanding mental illness and treatment response.
- Our spaces are child- and family-friendly with play areas, private waiting areas, vending machines filled with healthy snacks and Wi-Fi.
- Our New York City clinical center has two waiting areas: one on the first floor in the main entryway and one on the second floor
- If you cannot use the stairs and need elevator access, please let us know before you arrive so we can meet you at another entrance
- Our waiting areas have toys and books available for play, but feel free to bring any special toys that will make your child feel as comfortable as possible
- We have a café space with tables for eating along with computers with internet access
- We have a kitchen for our staff and therefore peanuts and tree nuts may be present in our facility
- Children should be accompanied at all times. If your session includes time designated for parents only, please plan to bring someone to watch your child or an activity that will keep him engaged during the session
For more information, read tips on preparing your child for a visit.