Michelle Heyman, PhD
Michelle R. Heyman, PhD, is an associate psychologist in the Autism Center at Child Mind Institute. Michelle received her doctoral degree in school psychology from the University of California, Riverside. Michelle’s research and clinical work has focused on assessing and providing strengths-based intervention to individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and neurodevelopmental disabilities. She completed her APA-accredited internship at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, providing individualized and behavior-focused interventions to individuals on the spectrum across all stages of life.
Michelle is dedicated to delivering support and psychoeducation to individuals with ASD and their family members. Michelle has experience using evidence-based practices including applied behavioral analysis (ABA), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), social emotional support, and consultation. She also has extensive experience working within interdisciplinary teams in settings including schools, community centers, and hospitals.
- Pre-Doctoral Intern, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health – Autism Track, Villanova, PA
- Graduate Practicum Student, Newport Mesa School District, Newport Beach, CA
- Lead Assessor, SEARCH Community Center, Riverside, CA
- PhD, School Psychology, University of California, Riverside
- MA, School Psychology, University of California, Riverside
- BA, Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park