Jacqueline Hwang, PhD, is an associate psychologist in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Outside her graduate training, she worked as a teacher assistant and direct care professional. She implemented in-school, and in-home/community applied behavior analysis (ABA) to modify problem behaviors and address skill deficits affecting communication, self-care, and academics. Dr. Hwang received her doctoral degree in school psychology from Fordham University. She completed her APA-accredited internship at Kennedy Krieger Institute/Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in the Pediatric Developmental Disabilities (PDD) and Neurobehavioral Unit-Outpatient (NBU-OP) Clinics.
Dr. Hwang has experience working with toddlers, children, adolescents, and their families across home, school, community, and clinical settings. She has expertise in implementing a variety of evidence-based treatments targeting skill development and maladaptive behaviors. Her passions include evaluating and treating individuals with developmental disabilities and behavioral concerns, including parent training and consultation to support the management of problem behaviors. She takes a data-driven, goal-oriented, and collaborative approach when developing treatment goals and plans to best target the needs of patients and their families and promote generalization across caregivers and settings.
- Direct Care Support Staff, Independent Support Services
- Teaching Assistant/Direct Care Professional, Children’s Day Program, Developmental Disabilities Institute
- Intern, Pediatric Developmental Disabilities Clinic and Neurobehavioral Unit – Outpatient, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Trainee, Maternal and Child Health Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Other Related Disabilities (LEND) Program, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Extern, SCO Family of Services
- Extern, Island Trees School District
- Extern, Family Services of Westchester
- PhD, School Psychology, Fordham University
- Adv Cer, School Psychology, Fordham University
- MSE, Preschool Child Psychology, Fordham University
- BS, Applied Psychology, New York University